August 26, 1956 was a historic day for Hodge First Assembly of God. The congregation joined their pastors, Rev. & Mrs. F.C. Chamberlain, in giving praise and honor to the Lord for the completion of their new sanctuary. During this time of celebration the congregation was given the opportunity to participate in the creation of a time capsule to be opened in fifty years.
Another historic day for the church occurred on July 1, 2007 as the celebration of , "Red, White, Blue & 50 Years Too" took place. It was a day filled with anticipation and many exciting events.... the climax of the day being the opening of the fifty year time capsule. It was a wonderful time made even more special by the presence of Sister Chamberlain & Brother Crawford Huckaby, both of whom were among the leadership of the church present on the day in 1956 when the time capsule was sealed. Interestingly, Brother Huckaby was serving as one of the board members for the church at the creation of the time capsule & was serving as a board member for the church again in July of this year when it was re-opened for the first time in 50 years.
Tears of joy and remembrance were shed that hot Sunday afternoon as the church reflected on the leaders who had served over the years and the members who had paved the way which made possible all that the church has today. What a rich and wonderful heritage we are so deeply blessed with at Hodge First Assembly of God!